Monday, October 4, 2010

Innocence vs. Experience

Life has gotten much better since September 21, 2010. Awesome.

First of all, I am finally over PJ. Yep. Go me. I've finally realized that I can't change him. I cannot make him the same person that he was. And I'm okay with that. I am no longer going to put forth any effort whatsoever to try and change him. So, yeah. Good stuff.

Secondly, these past two weekends have been great. Two weekends ago, I went to a house show and saw a good friend, Jordan, play. His voice is so impressive. And I got to hang out with Danny, Brandon, Ben, Michael, Kim, and Taylor. Which was cool. First group of people that I've hung with outside of school. That Saturday I went to Irmo High School with Matt to watch marching bands. It was fun. And then we went and had dinner with Katherine and my favorite restaurant, Mellow Mushroom. That was great.

This past weekend was by far the best. Friday night I got off of work and hung out with Sarah, Megan, Bob, and Jeff. Sarah and Megan are both really cool girls, and I'm glad they invited me to hang with them. Goes to show that there are actually some decent people in Lugoff. Saturday was great too! I went with my Mom and sisters to Newberry, SC to go to the Oktoberfest there. It wasn't all it was made out to be. But a great road trip and fun stuff. Then that night, Kat and I went to the freetimes musiccrawl, and crashed the Italian festival. Probably the most hilarious night of my life, and I will never forget it. I also have the Italian flag to remember it by.

All in all, life is moving along. School is moving along, and all of these pointless projects, endless amounts of homework, and stupid tests/quizzes will be over soon.

In the words of the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, "Skip classes, take chances, have fun; 'cause when it's over, it is done."
Amen.

ALSO! My English professor gave us this poem today. I love it.

"Johnny wrote a poem on yellow paper with green lines
and called it 'Family.'
And his teacher gave him an 'A' because that was what it was all about.
And his mother hung it up on the kitchen wall for all their friends to see.
And that was the year his little sister was born.
And the girl next door always smiled at him.
And his daddy tucked him in every night.

Johnny wrote a poem on white paper with blue lines.
And called it 'Love' because that was what it was all about.
And his teacher gave him an 'A-'
and told him to improve his grammar.
And his mother told him to take that stupid thing off the kitchen wall
because it had just been painted.
And the girl next door laughed at him when he fell off his bike.
And his dad got mad when he cried to be tucked in every night.

Johnny wrote a poem on plain white paper
And called it 'Peace of Mind.'
Because that was what he really wanted.
And that was the year he caught his sister necking on the porch.
And he found out theat when he kissed her
that the girl next door wore too much make-up.
And he tucked himself in every night.
Around three o'clock.

Johnny wrote a poem on the back of a book of matches.
And called it 'Absolutely Nothing.'
Because that was what it was.
And he gave himself an 'A,'
And two slashes on his wrists.

And he hung it on the bathroom wall.

Because he couldn't make it to the kitchen."
-Author unknown.




Hopelessly,
Stevie.

1 comment: